Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Last Day of London and Beginning of Dublin

I already forget exactly what I did on my last day in London but I'll give a quick outline of our last day in London. I was awoken by my phone at about 9:30 in the morning to a random number. Fortunately, it was my friend John that I worked with at ICCF. He is getting his masters at London School of Economic but still works for ICCF and will be back there this summer so Maude will work with him. I met up with him and his wife in Covent Garden at a Starbucks. Then I went back to the hotel and Maude was up and we went out to see a few things. We walked back to Covent Garden to wander around and to walk through the market there. Then we went over to Harrods, which is a ridiculously big department store. From there we walked to the natural history museum which was actually really cool. By this time we were getting pretty hungry and we really wanted to get some indian food before we left London. My guidebook had a place called Masala Zone in it so we decided to try that out and it turned out to be really good. Of course, the last thing we did in London was head to a pub and have a few ciders and beers before we went to bed.
Yesterday we arrived in Dublin and our hostel is in a great location right in Temple Bar. We didn't do that much yesterday but hang out with a bunch of people at our hostel. I actually met a fellow Hoya who is a year older and we have several friends in common back at Georgetown. Today we did another free walking tour of Dublin that took us to some good places around the city like city hall, a very famous church, and Trinity College. The other major thing we did today was go to the Guinness storehouse to see how Guinness was made and to have a taste. Like everyone says, it really was the best Guinness you have ever tasted. Tomorrow we are going to this prison that is supposed to be very cool and we might go to the Jameson Distillery as well. Thursday I will be back in Prague so hopefully I can get another post in before returning to the US of A. When I get back I will try to give some more details about this trip and tell a bit more about what I did.
Also, keep an eye out I may be starting up another blog when I get back to the US. I'll be posting again soon and be back to the US in just a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment